Job Vacancy- Community Money Advice Centre Manager
Debt Advice Centre Manager Job Description & Person Specification
Role Title: Centre Manager Terms: Volunteer or £32,500 pro rata ( £6,500 p.a.) 2 years fixed term
Hours: 9.00 – 17.00
Flexible to include Wednesdays Location: St Mary’s Church & Community Centre, Bramall Lane
Principal purpose: To manage and oversee the work of Community Money Advice St Mary’s (CMA St Mary’s) day-to-day, as part of the wider vision of St Mary’s.
CMA St Mary’s was established in 2021 to provide an in-person debt advice service to individuals accessing St Mary’s Community Centre. The project has now established itself as an important service for people in debt and receives referrals from across Sheffield City. There are three volunteer debt advisors who run the service. In order for the work of CMA St Mary’s to develop there is a need for a Debt Centre Manager to oversee the work of the project and ensure it is compliant with the FCA and CMA processes’ and policies. The Manager will also be expected to provide case work support and audit the existing work of the Debt Advisors.
We are looking to appoint someone either in a paid or volunteer capacity. The Debt Centre currently operates on a Wednesday so it would be expected that the Manager would be able to be available on Wednesday’s to fulfil this role.
Reporting to: Sarah Tully, CEO
• Ensure the St Mary’s provides a warm and welcoming environment for all
• Manage the day-to-day functioning of St Mary’s as a local debt advice service (under the auspices of Community Money Advice)
• Support and supervise the current team of three trained volunteers to provide help to clients who are in debt or need budgeting support, and recruit to the team as required
• Develop and sustain strategic links with statutory and voluntary agencies (eg. social housing, social welfare teams, children’s centres, children and adult social care, Age UK, etc)
• Develop and maintain an active community profile via the St Mary’s website and social media platforms
• Work as a debt adviser during daytime hours as appropriate alongside staff/volunteer advisers
• Develop, review and deliver local budgeting and money management courses as required
• Keep abreast of current legislation, welfare reforms and local information, ensuring that information is appropriately disseminated to the St Mary’s team
• Be aware of updates to the client software package (Catalyst), communicating the information to the team, and ensure centre information is kept up to date and accurate
• Review and update centre policies and procedures in line with the FCA requirements, as well as the affiliated relationship with Community Money Advice
• Ensure team members are appropriately trained to MaPS accredited Advice Level
• Liaise with clients and creditors in a timely fashion by telephone, email and/or letter ensuring written records and copies of all correspondence are filed appropriately
• Maintain an up-to-date supply and copies of the various documents, templates and forms used by St Mary’s
• Maintain sufficient stock of office equipment, stationery and hospitality products such as tea/coffee for client use
• Maintain an effective electronic/paper case file system that can be used and easily understood by all advisers
• Maintain quality assurance processes for the centre, including reviewing client files
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND SKILLS
You do not need to be from a financial background, we are open to applications from anyone with some community work and/or managerial experience.
• Complete a MaPS accredited training to Advice Leve l: CMA Parts 1, 2 ,3 & 4 (or be willing to be trained)
• Be a Debt Relief Order intermediary (or be willing to be trained).
• You will hold a professional qualification or proven experience in a social welfare capacity
Experience, knowledge, skills and personal attributes
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to relate to and work confidently and sensitively with vulnerable clients, people from a variety of
backgrounds, and volunteer advisers
• Good organisational skills with attention to detail
• Competent in the use of a range of IT software in the provision of advice and reports
• Ability to be self-motivated and to work to a high standard with minimal supervision
• Experience of providing supervision, support, training and guidance to team members
• Good presentation skills, and competent at running training sessions/courses
• Work within the Christian values and principles of St Marys Church and Community Centre
• A good sense of humour!
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline: 23rd June 2023 5pm
For more details and application form email: Sharon.Gill@stmarys-church.co.uk
Please complete the application form, explaining why you are interested in the position, and what is unique about your experience to make you the most suitable candidate, referring to the responsibilities and person specifications above.
Submit your application along with the Equal Opportunities form to help us monitor our reach and develop our services to be inclusive. This will not be seen by the assessment panel.
Invite you to interview on : 5th July 2023 (tbc)
Start date : As soon as possible